Saturday, December 5, 2009

Catching up on work

It rained -- heavily - between about 3 PM yesterday and 10 AM today. And when the rain stopped it was still cold and windy. Not like the image of Florida at all! So the day was an opportunity to catch up on work projects:

I finished (well, for now) my paragraph about my individual presentation on "wickedness as a metaphor for indeterminacy" for the EAM-2010 symposium proposal, and in the process started my Endnote bibliography on the topic.

Ulla and I decided we would write on "Fads as a good thing: An ironic perspective on design thinking " (working title) for Subtheme 32 of the EGOS Colloquium in 2010. We've created 200+ words (of the 3000 needed by January 10) and plan to talk tomorrow on the topic.

Both these research projects are interesting because they give me the opportunity to expand on work I have done before. It's been a while since I've worked on my ironic perspective, and even longer since I've been passionate about fads. Need I say that "wicked problems" are right up my alley!

I edited the draft copy on my contract as a Visiting Professor with the University of Gothenburg to reflect "what I want to do" (and by inference to refuse to do what I don't want to do). Ulla and I will discuss it tomorrow, then I'll send it back to Professor Per-Olf Larsson. It will be good to have my appointment finalized.

I even found time to walk on the beach to survey the (natural) debris left by the tide after the storm
(there'll be even more tomorrow) and swim in the pool.







All in all, quite a busy day. But no sign of my earlier blog being reinstated.



No comments:

Post a Comment